Sunday 22 April 2012










Featured artist:  USET 





When and why did you start painting?

My first interests in graffiti started in the mid 90's, I grew up around a rough neighbourhood there was a fare bit of graffiti here and there, but I think I have always loved the idea of artwork being forced in the public eye.


Who were your heroes back then?

Any artist In a Graff mag haha to me back then that was big time.




What is the most satisfying bit of Graff you have done?

Haven't done It yet.



How would you describe your style?

I would say a little bit Abstract, with dynamic clean lines, I like to concentrate on shape more so then letter structure.




If 1 was artist and 10 was vandal where would you place yourself?

5.

Have you ever regretted painting on any thing? 

Yes one thing only.

How do you feel about the increasing popularity of graffiti in advertising?

I love the idea of it but at the same time Its hypocritical, the media expresses hate towards the art form and want to stop It, they say Its all vandalism not art, but all the major Advertising companies, shops, magazines, books, shows, you name It promote graffiti like Its all good..... That always confused me a lot.






What do you think is the most important rule of graffiti?

All of them.

Street or trains? 

Both, but I have more love for street.

Tags, throw ups or pieces?

Tags, throw ups and pieces.



What is your favourite tool when bombing?

Love me my solid markers.






Outside of graffiti what are you into?

Digital Art (illustration), gaming, photography and design.

What are your plans for the future?

I have to many to list haha.

Shout outs?

To my girl Igasm and my crew KOC.

If you would like to see more of my work check out
http://youset.blogspot.com.au/

like me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/usetkoc

No comments:

Post a Comment